MagMount G3 Device Holder
Availability of the MagMount G3™
The MagMount G3™ is now being rolled out in the following packs:
- JL / Gladiator Rail™ Packs.
- JL / Gladiator Driver Side Edition
- JL / Gladiator Passenger Side Edition
- JK Mount™ with MagMount G3™
- TJ Mount with MagMount G3™
- Vector E-Dock Upgrade Pack
- TacoRail™ for Tacoma 3rd Gen
- BuiltRight Upgrade Pack for Ford F-Series
- Ford® Series Upgrade Pack
The MagMount G3™ is offered for individual sale (on this page). Weekly updates are taking place each Sunday and we are adding larger batches each week.
The Trail Proven MagMount G3 for Phones
- Engineered for Adventure™.
- Coast to coast proving runs during the Summer of 2020 through Moab, Canyonlands and on other fine trails.
- Designed and Made in the USA.
- Twelve magnet array tuned for highly dynamic operating conditions.
- Apple® MagSafe compatible. (ONLY WHEN USED WITH A MAGSAFE COMPATIBLE CASE SUCH AS THE PITAKA MAGEZ)
- Fully compatible with the Pitaka MagEz and MagEZ Pro iPhone cases with embedded steel plates.
- Designed for phones.
- Incorporates a 20mm metal ball to attach to a 67 Designs carbon fiber arm (arm sold separately).
- Made from durable black nylon.
- User replaceable main contact surface for years of service.
- Comes with 1 x black steel plates to attach to your phone and other devices.
- See important notice below for details about magnets and devices.
- Important for users of silicone cases - the plate does have very strong PSA to attach to a case/device, but silicone cases can be problematic based on the non-bonding properties of silicone! We therefore recommend not using this product with silicone cases. 67 Designs highly recommends the Pitaka MagEZ cases for looks, quality, durability and compatibility with the 67 Designs MagMount G3.
- Patent pending.
Important Notices about MagMounts and Electronic Devices
- Induction chargers (including Apple® MagSafe) must not have any metal directly between the coil and the device. That means that any metal plate from any manufacturer used for mag mount connectivity could potentially heat up and cause considerable damage to property if not installed outside the coil area. If in doubt about your mag mount setup, don't use an induction charger or don't use mag mounts that require a ferritic metal plate with a magnet.
- This MagMount G3 contains 12 small permanent magnets. It is highly recommended you do not use this MagMount G3 with a 3rd party device case that incorporates a place to store credit cards or other cards sensitive to magnets. Apple and other devices almost always contain sensors that can be sensitive to magnets. An example is the magnetic compass sensor. This 67 Designs MagMount G3 has been tested in real-world on-road and off-road conditions for many months with Apple® iPhone 7, XS, SE, XS Max, 11 Pro Max, 12 iPhones in Pitaka cases or on cases with the steel plate attached to the back of the phone or a case. No interference with the operation or use of the devices was observed. The Maps navigation app on the phone worked just as well with this MagMount G3 as when the device was attached to the vehicle with the Universal for Phones G1. If you have any concerns about any potential damage to your device DO NOT order this product. If you have previously purchased this product and you observe any issues of any kind, immediately stop using this product and report - with details - the situation to 67 Designs Customer Service