MagMount G3 Device Holder
by 67 Designs
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): Computation results to '-Infinity'%
SKU MMG3-RTS [F23044]
The MagMount G3™ is offered for individual sale on this page and is available in the following packs:
- JL / Gladiator Rail™ Packs.
- JL / Gladiator Driver Side Edition
- JL / Gladiator Passenger Side Edition
- JK Mount™ with MagMount G3™
- TJ Mount with MagMount G3™
- Vector E-Dock Upgrade Pack
- TacoRail™ for Tacoma 3rd Gen
- BuiltRight Upgrade Pack for Ford F-Series
- Ford® Series Upgrade Pack
The Everyday Driver Trail Proven MagMount G3™ for Phones and iPad Mini (1st-6th Gen)
- Engineered for Adventure™.
- Coast to coast proving runs during the Summer of 2020 through Moab, Canyonlands and on other fine trails.
- Designed and Made in the USA.
- Twelve magnet array tuned for highly dynamic operating conditions.
- Strong enough to hold iPad Mini tablets
Interoperability between the MagMount G3 and Apple's MagSafe
- iPhone 13
- Apple has really increased the size of the camera lens bezel on the iPhone 13 lineup while also changing the center-point of the MagSafe/Qi charger coil.
- The current MagMount G3 2 x small metal strips supplied with the MagMount G3 will only work with:
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12
- The video above shows that owners of the Apple® MagSafe Charger can easily use the MagMount G3™ by installing 2 small and very thin steel plates inside a phone case.
- 67 Designs provides the small curved steel plates as part of the MagMount G3 purchase.
- It is crucial that no user of induction chargers (MagSafe or similar Qi) install any metal directly between the charger and device coils.
The above video shows the use of an Apple MagSafe compatible case with the addition of metal strips installed outside the coil area.
- Designed for phones,
- Made from durable black nylon.
- User replaceable main contact surface for years of service.
- Comes with 1 x black steel plate to attach to your phone and other devices.
- Comes with the MMG3 Pack with 1 x Large Steel Plate for an IPad Mini and 2 x Small Steel Plates for Phones using the MagSafe Charger.
- See important notice below for details about magnets and devices.
- Important for users of silicone cases - the plate does have very strong PSA to attach to a case/device, but silicone cases can be problematic based on the non-bonding properties of silicone! We therefore recommend not using this product with silicone cases.
- Patent pending.
- Do not use with Pop-Sockets on the back of phones. It does not work well due to the deep nature of the Pop-Socket.
Important Notices about MagMounts and Electronic Devices
- Induction chargers (including Apple® MagSafe) must not have any metal directly between the coil and the device. That means that any metal plate from any manufacturer used for mag mount connectivity could potentially heat up and cause considerable damage to property if not installed outside the coil area. If in doubt about your mag mount setup, don't use an induction charger or don't use mag mounts that require a ferritic metal plate with a magnet.
- This MagMount G3 contains 12 small permanent magnets. It is highly recommended you do not use this MagMount G3 with a 3rd party device case that incorporates a place to store credit cards or other cards sensitive to magnets. Apple and other devices almost always contain sensors that can be sensitive to magnets. An example is the magnetic compass sensor. This 67 Designs MagMount G3 has been tested in real-world on-road and off-road conditions for many months with Apple® iPhone 7, XS, SE, XS Max, 11 Pro Max, 12 iPhones in Pitika cases or on cases with the steel plate attached to the back of the phone or a case. No interference with the operation or use of the devices was observed. The Maps navigation app on the phone worked just as well with this MagMount G3 as when the device was attached to the vehicle with the Universal for Phones G1. If you have any concerns about any potential damage to your device DO NOT order this product. If you have previously purchased this product and you observe any issues of any kind, immediately stop using this product and report - with details - the situation to 67 Designs Customer Service