On this “episode” of 67 Designs Customer Spotlights, where we share the stories of some of our customers, we get to know Dave Peciulis. Peciulis, from the North West suburbs of Chicago is on a break from being a Real Estate Agent and is focusing on YouTube full time. This change, inspired by COVID, has allowed Dave to get out on more adventures! Read on for more.
Proud owner of a: white 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon and a Desert Tan and Carbon Black 2021 Can Am Maverick X3 Max TURBO XDS RR.
Featured upgrades: Dave’s vehicles are decked out with the following features…
- 67 Designs JL Rail Mount with a MagMount G3 and GoPro Mount
- Mopar 2” lift With Fox Shocks
- Fox Steering stabilizer
- 20” Moto Metal Razor wheels
- 37” Cooper STT Pro Tires
- Smittybilt X2O COMP 12,000 lb Waterproof Winch
- Factor 55 FlatLink
- Smittybilt JL XRC GEN2 Front bumper
- Smittybilt Inner Fender Liners front and rear
- Smittybilt Apollo rock sliders
- Poison Spyder rocker guards
- American Adventure Lab high rise fender brackets with sequential turn signals
- Chopped fenders
- AFE high clearance exhaust
- JTop USA white sunshade
- Kicker 400 Watt KXMA Marine Amplifier
- 4 Kicker 8" Black Wake Tower LED Marine Speakers
- JL Audio 12" Amplified Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
- 8 Gang switch panel
- DV8 Off-road Accessory Mounting System
- DV8 Windshield light brackets
- Xprite 36” Chase Light
- Rock Lights
- Jeep Z Automotive Tazer JL/JT Mini Programmer
- PRP Seats custom seat covers
- Diode Dynamics 5x SS3 Yellow Pods
- Diode Dynamics 5x SS2 yellow pods
- Diode Dynamics Stage Series 50” Light bar
- Addictive Desert Designs front and rear trail doors
- Can Am
- 67 Designs 2x Simple Ball Mounts
- 67 Designs 2x Matte Small Carbon Fiber Arms
- 67 Designs GoPro Mount
- 67 Designs MagMount G3 Sprite 36” Chase light
- BRP Hard-coated Windshield
- BRP Bimini top
- 2 Kicker 8" Black Wake Tower LED Marine Speakers
- 2 Kicker 6.5” Marine Speakers
- 1 Kicker 10” CompRT DVC Subwoofer
- Soundstream 1200w 4 Channel amp
- Soundstream 1000w Mono amp
- SSV works front kick panel enclosures
- SSV works Dash Kit
- JVC KD-MR1BTS Media Receiver with backup camera
- UTV stereo rear seat subwoofer enclosure
- 8 Gang Switch panel
- Xprite 3Ft Light up bluetooth whips
- Diode Dynamics 4x SS3 Pods Yellow
- Diode Dynamics Stage Series 50” LED light bar
- PRP Seats
Customer of 67 Designs since: March 2021.
Inspiration for buying his Jeep: Dave has never had a stock vehicle for more than a week—he has always been focused on mods and what he can do to bring his vehicle to the next level. He also had always been intrigued by the Jeep community. The culmination of those two led him to buy a Jeep and start outfitting it. He bought his Can Am because he saw many of them in the Michigan dunes and could not stop drooling over them. Once COVID hit and he needed more to do outside, he decided it was time to buy one.
First adventure with vehicle: December 2019 through January 2020. Dave drove from Illinois, through the Smokies, North Carolina and South Carolina to Charleston to visit some friends. It was pretty great to see all the Christmas decorations and lights with the top off the Jeep. On the way, he also explored Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge in Tennessee.
Most recent adventure/COVID-19 adventures: June 2020. Dave and some family friends rented tow campers with the Jeeps and went from IL to Silver Lake in Michigan, where you can find the sand dunes. They watched the sunset on sunset hill, ate good food and stargazed.
Most memorable adventure: June through July 2015. Before having his JL, Dave still was able to get out on trips in a 2001 Durango One day, he decided to go from Illinois to Southern California with essentially no plan (which he loves to do!). Once he was there, he took all the coastal roads to the Oregon Dunes, visiting little fisheries along the way. It was Dave’s first time driving on dunes! On the drive back to IL, they stopped at every National Park they could. For him, the most memorable part of the trip were the cliffs on the west coast and seeing the red giants.
Upcoming trips: He has quite a few coming up. He is going to Silverton Lake Sand Dunes again for some sponsors (and because he loves it!), Pigeon Forge and Moab.
Dream trip: Dave would love to go to Hawaii to see the volcanos or Alaska to see the glaciers.
Advice for those who are just beginning overlanding: “Don't plan, the most memorable experiences are when you just go. What makes it adventurous is that you do not plan” and “do not let anything stop you from having the time of your life.”
#1 place he has camped: Norway, MI right next to rapids on a white water rafting trip. He said it was so cool to hear the rapids while camping.
Fun fact about: His wife said she married him because he can cook better than a restaurant!
Jeep club memberships: N/A (yet!)
Notes from the writer: Dave’s got a real passion for overlanding, which is evident through his YouTube and Instagram below. He also uses his hobby as a way to spend time with his family and friends. I personally think it is incredibly cool that Dave has not only a Jeep but also his Can Am. While the Can Am cannot trek across the country like a Jeep can, it sure seems like the best vehicle to use in open areas at a high speed.
Check out his work here: Make to to follow and subscribe to Dave’s accounts below to keep up with his adventures!
© 67 Designs, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Spotlight by Kate Della Pietra.