As any owner of a late model Panamera knows, it's impossible to obtain a Rennline phone holder option. Porsche has made the dash panel removal very difficult.
The Series 55 was created for exactly this type of seemingly difficult situation. In less than 15 minutes, a Series 55 - 50mm base and full setup was installed without any panel removal. In this case, the client wanted to use their existing Qi magmount charger.
Editorial: The setup is very robust for a Magmount G3 or other device holder like the Qi charger that this customer supplied, but given the flexibility in the Porsche plastic trim, we do not recommend holders that require side to side forces to load/unload the phone. A Universal for Phones holder is not recommended for this specific setup.
The 67 Designs items purchased for this project:
- 1 x Series 55 Rail System - 50mm with the mounting kit.
- 1 x 7.5mm drill bit
- 1 x 2mm drill bit for a pilot hole
- 1 x small hand drill with a chuck to accept the 5.5mm drill bit.
- 1 x Rivnut installer with 5mm attachment (for details, see this Series 55 Installation Guide).
- 1 x small scrap piece of metal, or wood that is used temporarily as a stop plate to prevent over drilling beyond the plastic.
If you would like specific installation details for this project, please contact Customer Service.