On this “episode” of 67 Designs Customer Spotlights, where we share the stories of some of our customers, we get to know J.J. Wilson. Originally from Decatur, TX, J.J. makes his living in personal lines insurance sales. When not working, he can be found spending time with his family enjoying their rural lifestyle.
Proud owner of: 2021 Race Red Bronco, Badlands edition with hard top and Sasquatch package.
Featured upgrades: J.J.’s Bronco is outfitted out with the following gear...
- D-Ring Mega Shackles / Red
- Gear Hooks on Roll Bar in Rear Cargo Area - Sinister CNC
- RIGID 360 Series 4" Round Off-Road Ditch Lights - Ford Performance
- Front License Plate Bracket / Relocation - KR Off-Road
- XPEL - Paint Protection Film - Rocker Panels, Lower Doors & Front of Hood
- XPEL - Ceramic Window Tint All the Way Around Including Windshield
- Sticker Fab - 3D Carbon Fiber Door Sill Protectors and Trunk Overlay Protector
- Sticker Fab - Matte Black/Gloss Black Ford Logo Overlay on Back Tailgate
- Sticker Fab - Matte Black Bucking Bronco Inlay Sticker on Gear Shifter
- Sticker Fab - Matte Black warning sign overlay on Sun Visors
- Go Rhino - RB20 Running Boards
- Black Bucking Bronco on back tailgate
- BFG Mud Terrain KM3 LT315/70R17
- REK GEN - Merica Front Mud Flaps
- Bead Lock Trim Rings on Stock Sasquatch Wheels changed to Race Red - Ford Performance
- Grab Handles - Center & ends of dash changed from Badlands Orange to Red - Ford Performance
- Sticker Fab - Red BRONCO Letter Stickers Inlays on Dash and in the Grab Handles
- Sticker Fab - AC Vent Tab Covers - Black
- AutoStop Eliminator - Sticker Fab
- 67 Designs - Half BroncoRail with Go Pro Mount and MagMount G3 Phone Holders
- Molle Storage Bags & Cup Holder Bags on back of Front Seats
- JTOPS - Bimini Sun Shade Top
- 3D Block Letter “BRONCO” placed on Lower Rear Doors - Stic USA
- Wild Horses - Red American Flag Paracord Overhead Grab Handles
- Forescan - Added Sport GOAT Mode and deleted the double honk
- Sticker Fab - Front Side Marker Lights - Dark Smoke Overlays
- Multiple Misc. Velcro Patches on the Back of the Rear Seats in Cargo Area
Customer of 67 Designs since: 2022.
Inspiration for buying his Bronco: Growing up on the family farm in rural north Texas, where his parents raised beef cattle, J.J.’s passion for Broncos came from his parents. His father owned a 1979 full-size Bronco that J.J. learned to drive in, putting it to the test in the pastures and on the many miles of rough dirt roads in the area. His mother also had a 1989 Bronco which was later sold to make room for a 1995 Bronco. In 2018 J.J. bought a 1976 Bronco that was perfect for just cruising around in and occasionally driving to work.
Early adventures: While farm work waits for no one, J.J.’s parents were able to take him and his brother on regular trips to Red River, NM where they rode their UTVs and side-by-sides, exploring the countryside there. A love of the outdoors was instilled in the Wilson boys at an early age.
Recent (and most memorable) adventures: Last fall (2022) J.J. and his wife took their two young children on what would end up being the best trip he’d ever taken. Aiming that new Bronco north towards Colorado, they stopped to ride the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad before arriving in Ouray, CO. The surrounding beauty with views above the tree line, the color of the sediment and size of the mountains were all so different from J.J.’s experiences at Red River. They enjoyed seeing the historic mining remnants and the kids had fun playing in the Animas River.
Upcoming trips: Their trip to Ouray, CO was such an impactful experience that the family is already planning a return trip this summer and they’re hopeful that J.J.’s brother will be able to join them with his own Bronco by then.
Dream trip: J.J.’s goal is a longer trip that would include eight to ten days wheeling and sight-seeing in Ouray, CO before heading on to Moab, UT. He knows he would have work to do to get the Bronco outfitted for a trip of that length, but he’s looking forward to the joy of the build.
Fun fact about J.J.: While he currently lives far enough away from the family farm that he can’t be active with it, his goal is to return to the cattle operation. He’s not far from his rural roots though, currently raising hay on the twelve acres he lives on. He and his wife homeschool their two children who are active in their local 4-H chapter.
Offroading community involvement: While J.J. is a member of the North Texas Bronco Club and a casual observer on the Bronco Nation and Bronco6G online forums, his greatest involvement came from attending the 2022 Bronco Super-Celebration in Buena Vista, CO. This event featured organized trail rides, vendors, and a chance to see 300-500 Broncos from old to new. Highlights of this event for the Wilson family included J.J.’s wife and daughter enjoying a special ladies-only trail drive, being selected as one of twenty-five Broncos to participate in a rare half-day driving excursion across the Royal Gorge Bridge, and walking away with an award for being one of the Top 25 6th Generation Broncos at the event.
Notes from the writer: Raised in a tight-knit family of four, J.J. has now come full circle with his own adventure-loving family of four. And while the goals are still the same - amazing scenery and treasured family memories - he’s also branching out from the experiences he had in his youth.
This Customer Spotlight by Tricia Soderstrom.
This series was envisioned and created by Kate Della Pietra in the summer of 2020 when she worked for 67 Designs as a marketing intern.