On this “episode” of 67 Designs Customer Spotlights, where we share the stories of some of our customers, we get to know Jeff Carlisle. A native Californian, Jeff has lived in the southern California area all his life. He joined the service at the age of seventeen and spent 23 years in the Navy before retiring in 2019. Now he works as a full-time program manager for new construction on Naval destroyer ships, handling network installation. Working remotely allows him a little more time to do things outside of work. What started as a woodworking hobby has turned into a side gig building custom furniture.
Proud owner of: 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel.
Featured upgrades: Jeff’s Gladiator is outfitted out with the following gear...
- Rock Krawler JT 3” Diesel Max Travel "No Limits" System Stage 1 Lift Kit
- 2020+ Jeep JT Gladiator 4.5-6″ Lift, Custom Tuned Shock Package Fox 2.5 R/R DSC by ACCUTUNE
- MetalCloak JT Gladiator 3.5",True Dual Rate Coils, Front
- Clayton Off Road Gladiator 3.5” HD Triple Rate Rear Coil Springs 2020+
- MetalCloak Upper Front DuroSpring Replacement Bump Stops
- MetalCloak Upper Rear DuroSpring Replacement Bump Stops
- FOX 2.0 Factory Series ATS Stabilizer 18-ON Jeep JL / JT, ATS Stabilizer
- SteerSmarts HD-N Steering Stabilizer JL/JT
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Sector Shat Brace w/ Frame Side Track Bar Reinforcement Bracket
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Pro-Series Adjustable Front Track Bar - Black
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD JT Gladiator Rear Adjustable Track Bar - Black
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Black JT Sway Bar End Link Kit 2.5”-3.5” Lift
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Pro-Series Aluminum Tie Rod Assembly
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Flex Steering Stabilizer/Damper Bracket 1 3/4” Tie Rod
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Button Head Stabilizer Bolt
- SteerSmarts Yeti XD Drag Links
- MetalCloak Rear Sway Ber Reinforcement & Repair Bracket, JT Gladiator
- Black Rhino Primm Wheel, 17x9 with 5 on 5 Bolt Pattern - Red / Black
- Mickey Thompson 37x12.50R17LT Tire, Baja Boss M/T
- APEX Rapid Precision Valve STD Length
- APEX TPMS Adapter Kit
- MBRP Filter-Back Exhaust System XP Series 3" With Turn Down
- Z Automotive Tazer Mini Programmer
- Banks PedalMonster
- Motobilt Crusher Series Front Bumper w/Bull Bar
- Motobilt Hammer Series Rear Bumper
- Motobilt Front Inner Fenders Aluminum
- Motobilt Rear Inner Fenders Aluminum
- Motobilt Windshield Washer Fluid Tank Relocator Kit for Diesel JT
- Rock Slide Engineering JT 4 Door Step Slider
- AEV Gladiator Rubicon Front Diff Cover M210
- AEV Gladiator Rubicon Rear Diff Cover M220
- TERAFLEX UINTA Cargo Bed Rail System w/ Tie-down Anchors
- CMM Offroad JT A-Pillar Side Mirrors w/ Base Mount
- Mountain Hatch V10 Tailgate Table
- Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop - Premium Black Twill
- BadFlag Pole + Hardware Mount
- ROTOPAX 4 Gallon Gasoline with LOX & DLX Pack Mounts
- WARN 103255 VR EVO 12-S 12000lb Winch with Synthetic Rope
- WARN 100655 Epic 1.0” Fairlead - Black
- Factor 55 ULTRAHOOK Winch Hook w/ Shackle Mount - Red
- Factor 55 ULTRAHOOK Rope Guard
- Rhino USA ¾” D-Ring - Black
- 4122Inc Hitch Slider
- EZ FLATE Bundle: M.O.A.B. and Recoil
- Veteran Offroad Custom 550 Cord Grab Handles
- 67 Designs Series 55 Rail System
- 67 Designs Universal for Phones Device Holder G2 - Candy Apple Red
- 67 Designs Arm Builder 20mm - 20mm
- 67 Designs GoPro Camera Mounts G2
- CMM Offroad Gladiator JT Grab Bar Ball Mount
- Midland MXT275 MICROMOBILE® TWO-WAY RADIO
- Midland MICROMOBILE® MXTA25 3DB GAIN GHOST ANTENNA
- Midland MICROMOBILE® MXTA24 LOW PROFILE ANTENNA CABLE
- Midland 21-406 Deluxe External Speaker
- Topsy Products JL/JT Fender Mount NMO Antenna Bracket
- ICECO VL45ProS Single Zone Portable Fridge Freezer
- Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE/DOT Yellow Pro Combo LED Pod
- Diode Dynamics SSC1 SAE/DOT Yellow Fog Standard LED Pod
- Diode Dynamics C1R+Brake Hitchmount LED Pod Reverse Kit
- GateKeeper Off-Road Jeep JL/JT Knuckle Pod Light Mounts
- BAD ASS MOUNTS 360-degree Swivel – Red/Black
- ORACLE LIGHTING Flush Mount LED Tail Lights
Customer of 67 Designs since: 2018.
Inspiration for buying his Gladiator: Jeff has always been an avid outdoorsman, whether that was offroading, camping, or just being outside. He bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL prior to his last deployment. When he got back, his wife handed him the keys and said she was going back to her car. He’d been hearing rumors about Jeep coming out with the Gladiator, so he waited and about a year after his retirement he custom ordered one. Jeff doesn’t try to put a label on what he does. It doesn’t matter what type of terrain he encounters; he wants his Gladiator to be an all-around capable vehicle for whatever adventure comes his way. He's got some future modifications planned, including a Goose Gear 40 percent second row seat delete, a tonneau cover, RTT, and bed rack.
Early adventures: Growing up, Jeff remembers his dad having offroad vehicles, whether it was an old CJ-5 or a Toyota truck. He was always taking the family into the nearby mountains to camp or just explore. This ingrained instinct to just pack up and go would serve him well later in the military. He remembers going to the Sierra Nevada and Azusa mountains, as well as the mountains in the San Bernadino National Forest. Shortly after he retired, Jeff went with a group of friends to Scottsdale, AZ and into the Tonto National Forest and Sedona.
Recent adventures: Jeff and a group of buddies took a day trip out to the mountains around the San Bernadino National Forest just to get away for a bit. They were out for a solid twelve hours and saw pretty much everything you could think of from dirt to mud to rocks. Just when they thought they’d seen it all, they took a side track on the way out and ran into some snow.
Most memorable adventure: When he was about eight years old, Jeff remembers one particular family trip to the mountains. Along with his mom and his sister, they went offroading with his dad in the Toyota truck. While running the trails up in the San Bernadino National Forest, his dad decided to go up a steep hill and ended up high centered. With the truck turtling, everyone got out and had lunch while they tried to figure out how to get unstuck. After a united effort at pushing the truck around, they finally got it going again.
Upcoming trips: Living where he does, it’s easy for Jeff to get away for a weekend or overnight trip. There are so many trails and places to explore that are only a couple of hours in any direction. With areas like Borrego Springs, Ocotillo, Big Bear and more, adventure is right out his backdoor. But one larger trip that he’s trying to plan is to the Overland Expo Mountain West in August. He’s never been to one of these events and is hopeful they’ll be able to make it happen.
Dream trip: When it comes to a dream trip for Jeff, he’s got two versions – north and south. He’d love to head up north through Canada to Alaska, but he’d also love to go down through Baja, into Mexico and even further south.
Off-road community involvement: Jeff is passionately involved with two organizations that exist to support veterans and curtail veteran suicide. Combat Crawlers is a non-profit group that operates across various states, uniting combat vets through their passion for offroading. They host meets and trail rides with the recurring assurance that no one gets left behind. Jeff is also an ambassador for the Mission 22 organization that employs a variety of services and support to veterans and their families. Locally, the Jeep community is strong as well. There seems to be a high concentration of Jeep people, as well as offroad related industry leaders in southern California so naturally there are a lot of opportunities to get together. Jeff and his wife have started to support the local San Diego Jeepers club and enjoy seeing all the Jeepers at events sponsored by local companies.
Check out his work here: Check out Jeff’s Instagram account below for more of his adventures!
This Customer Spotlight by Tricia Soderstrom.
This series was envisioned and created by Kate Della Pietra in the summer of 2020 when she worked for 67 Designs as a marketing intern.