On this “episode” of 67 Designs Customer Spotlights, where we share the stories of some of our customers, we get to know Jason. A native New Yorker, Jason was born and raised in Queens but now lives in upstate New York and works in law enforcement. When not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife, and pursuing the many hobbies he has.
Proud owner of: 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon in Firecracker Red.
Featured upgrades: Jason’s Jeep is outfitted out with the following gear...
- Superchips Programmer
- HIKEIT X9 Throttle Controller
- aFe Momentum GT PRO GUARD7 Cold Air Intake System
- aFe Power Throttle Body Spacer
- Magnaflow MF Axle Back Exhaust
- Yukon 4.88 Gears
- ARB Dana 44 Differential Cover Red
- KMC Rockstar 3 Wheels 17”
- Rock Krawler 3.5” X-Factor X2 'No Limits' Long Arm Lift Kit
- Fox 2.0 Shocks
- Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer
- Mopar 7" Off Road LED Lights
- ZROADZ Rear window LED Light Kit
- Infinite Off Road Rock Lights
- Winjet LED Sequential Taillights
- Diode Dynamics SS3 Pro - Fog, White
- American Adventure Labs DRL’s
- ORACLE Sidetrack LED Lighting System
- ORACLE Cargo Light
- ORACLE Oculus 7In ColorSHIFT Bi-LED Projector Headlights
- Mopar Grille/Winch Guard Hoop
- Stubby Antenna
- ACE Rock Sliders
- Maximus-3 Red Winch Hook Anchor
- 4' Firestik CB Antenna with Spring Mount
- Mopar Brake Light Tailgate
- Mopar Tailgate Reinforcement Kit
- Mopar Oversized Spare Tire Kit
- DV8 Off Road (Red) Inner Fenders
- DV8 Offroad Rock Skins
- AVS Rain Deflectors
- Rhino Rack Pioneer Roof Rack w/Maximus-3 Accessories
- Rhino Rack Sunseeker 2.5m Awning
- Rhino Rack Spade
- Bestop Sunrider Soft Top for Hard Tops - Black Diamond
- Thinkware Q1000 Dashcam
- Mopar Front and Rear Floor Slush Mats w/ Tire Tread Pattern
- Hotheads Hardtop Headliners with Sound Assassins
- Mopar Tailgate Table
- Mopar Molle Bags
- CB Radio Kit
- Mopar Grab Handles
- MPS Molle Basket Panel
- M.O.R.E. Dead Pedal Passenger Side
- Mopar Brushed Pedal Pads for Manual Transmission
- 67 Designs JLRail™ device mounting system.
- Jeep Uniq GRMS mount
- Warn ZEON 12-S Platinum Winch
- Warn Wireless Winch Remote
- Factor55 ULTRAHOOK WINCH HOOK
- Factor55 Hitchlink Black
- ACE Winch Plate
- 30% Tints (All Around) 50% Tint (Windshield)
- PIAA Superior Bass Horn 330/400Hz 115DB
- Redline Quicklift Plus
- K&N Cabin Air Filter
- Hi-Lift Jack (Red)
- ARB TRED Pro Recovery Board - Red
- Z Automotive Front Camera Kit
- PowerTank 15lb
- RotoPax 4 gallon tank
- DV8 Tube Doors
- Hornblasters PA System
- “Bad Flags” Flag Mount
- Under The Sun Foot Pegs
- Quadratec Doorless Mirrors
- Nitto Ridge Grappler 38x12.50R17LT Tires
Customer of 67 Designs since: 2019.
Inspiration for buying his Jeep and getting into offroading: For as long as he can remember, Jason always wanted a Wrangler. From seeing them out on the road to seeing them in movies, television, and video games, they simply appealed to him in a way he didn’t fully understand at the time. Having lived his whole life as a New York City resident, he didn’t personally know anyone who drove. In fact, with so much readily available, cost-effective public transportation in the city, most people don’t drive. When Jason turned 18, he wanted to get his driver’s license, if for no other reason than just to be different. His first car was a 1996 Ford Contour, and he relished the freedom of driving. He would eventually get that dream Wrangler. He placed a factory order in December 2017, and received it in February 2018. In fact, he was the first person at that dealership to get the new JL. but the downside of living in New York City meant he had nowhere to offroad. Since becoming a Jeep owner, he’s learning so much from the Jeep community. He previously had no idea places like Moab, Utah existed and what they meant to offroaders. While he spends his Jeeping time in the nearby mountains and on daily commutes to work, he knows there’s more adventure out there.
Early adventures: Growing up in the city’s toxic, high stress environment, Jason always craved a different atmosphere where he could try new things. Making the move upstate has been a huge life change. Going from one end of the spectrum to the other, he’s traded the tiresome city life for one of quiet beauty. He loves that he can walk out his front door and see the mountains. There he’s free from at least some of the entrapments and can have a more calm, serene lifestyle. Now he will occasionally go to the mountains of New Jersey not far from his home to get some adventure time with the Jeep.
Recent adventures: Besides the New Jersey mountains, Jason and his wife have started making annual fall trips to Hunter Mountain which is a resort area another couple of hours north. They also love taking annual summer trips to the New York Jeep Invasion, a Jeep Beach type of event held in Wildwood, NJ.
Most memorable adventure: One year there was a Jeep Invasion event at Lake George. During the event, there were trail rides in the mountains. Jason and his wife were on one of those trails in their Jeep when they came up on a steep incline while simultaneously having to navigate a left turn. At that point the Jeep in front of them started having some issues so there they were, perched precariously on the incline, and canted sharply to the left, the force of gravity doing them no favors. Essentially, they were stuck. To make matters worse, while waiting for the situation to change, a bee came buzzing into the jeep and landed on Jason. Bugs aren’t normally a problem but anything with a stinger tends to freak him out. This development, coupled with the fear of rolling was enough to make the adrenaline flow. But finally the bee flew off and they got out of their unenviable situation. Jason fully believes that wheeling is biggest adrenaline rush you’ll ever get while going three miles per hour.
Upcoming trips: As of this writing, Jason and his wife are getting ready for the impending Jeep Invasion event in Wildwood. It’s a very big crowd with around 1500 Jeeps. Between the obstacle course, connecting with other Jeep owners and even other events in the beach community, it’s always a great event.
Dream trip: Eventually, Jason would love to make a road trip to Moab and maybe even camp.
Fun fact: Jason says he has “more hobbies than I can handle”, but he’s always been like that. He’s been a musician since he was twelve, playing guitar and drums. At one point he even played in bands and did shows. He also enjoys riding his motorcycle, working on his house, and going to the shooting range. Of course, he also enjoys working on his Jeep and does most of his own modifications.
Off-road community involvement: Between Jason’s career and his hobbies, he rarely has time to devote to organized club activities. He’s developed quite a social media following and has actually met people at events that recognize him from seeing his content. He loves making that real life connection with folks he feels he’s developed some relationship with via social media.
Check out his work here: Check out Jason’s social media accounts below for more of his adventures!
- Instagram - @rubiredjeep
- TikTok - @rubi_red_jeep
- YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@rubi-redjeep6765
This Customer Spotlight by Tricia Soderstrom.
This series was envisioned and created by Kate Della Pietra in the summer of 2020 when she worked for 67 Designs as a marketing intern.