On this “episode” of 67 Designs Customer Spotlights, where we share the stories of some of our customers, we get to know Aaron Dykstra. Born and raised in Boulder City, Nevada, Aaron has spent most of his life there until recently moving his family to Montrose, Colorado. He is an Air Force veteran currently working as a program analyst for the Bureau of Reclamation. When not working, he stays very busy exploring his new home state, spending time with family, working on projects around the house, and always working on both his and his wife’s Jeeps.
Proud owner of: 2014 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon in Granite Crystal Metallic.
Featured upgrades: Aaron’s Jeep is outfitted out with the following gear...
- Optima Yellow Top
- Pedal Commander
- Airaid MXP cold air intake system (cut to fit PSC Tank)
- Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-back Exhaust System
- Magnaflow Loop Delete Pipe
- Dynatrac ProRock 60 Front and Rear, Eaton Lockers, and 5.38 gears
- Adams Driveshaft 1350 Driveshafts Front and Rear
- JKU Rubicon 4:1 Transfercase
- PSC Big Bore Steering Gearbox
- Synergy Trackbar Braces
- Dynatrac Brakes
- KMC KM229 Machete Beadlock Wheels
- APEX Design USA - Rapid Precision Valves - XL
- APEX Design USA - Rapid Inflation Valves - XL
- Custom High-Flow 2-Wheel Inflation System
- EVO Front King 2.0 Coilover Kit
- Accutune Rear King 2.5 Coilover Kit
- EVO Manufacturing Rear Control Arm Skids
- EVO Sway Bar Links
- RPM Steering Front Trackbar
- MetalCloak Long Arm - Front
- MetalCloak DB3 and Rear Control Arms
- JW Speaker Headlights Evolution J2
- Poison Spyder Universal Taillights 4in
- KC Cyclone Rock, Reverse, and Dust Lights
- Rigid SAE/DOT 6" SR Fog Light Set
- KC Flex ERA4 Combo Front Bumper Lights
- KC Flex ERA3 Combo A-Pillar Lights
- JW Speaker Front Turn Signals
- Bestop Trektop – Black Twill
- Bad Ass Mounts – Adjustable Pillar Light Mount
- PRP Front Enduro Seats – Custom
- Pioneer Head Unit NEX2000
- Rock Hard 4x4 Ultimate Sports Cage
- PRP Rear Seat Cover - Custom
- 15lb. Powertank with Snorkel
- ARB Twin Air Compressor
- Smittybilt Winch X20
- Factor 55 FlatLink E
- sPOD Aux. Switches
- PSC Cylinder Assist Steering Package for Aftermarket D44/D60 Axles
- 40x13.50R17 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs
- Poison Spyder Bruiser II Front Bumper
- Poison Spyder Rear Frame Chop Bumper
- Poison Spyder Fenders (Standard Width)
- Poison Spyder Crusher Corners
- Poison Spyder Brawler Rockers
- Rubicon Express Skid Plates
- Clayton Transmission Crossmember
- Polk Direct Replacement
- Midland MXT400
- 67 Designs JKMount 2 Ball Pack with G2 Universal Phone holders
Customer of 67 Designs since: 2018.
Inspiration for buying his Jeep and getting into offroading: Growing up, Aaron’s family had a body shop, and he was always around cars of some kind. He was also always around offroading, mostly for the purpose of hunting, so that kind of lifestyle was in his blood. When he was in the Air Force, he got his first Jeep, a MJ Commanche and then later a TJ Rubicon. Eventually he’d have to trade the TJ for a full-size truck, so he opted for a Dodge Power Wagon. After leaving the Air Force and returning home to Boulder City, he bought his current Jeep. It served as his wife’s daily driver for a while until she got her 2019 Jeep JL, then Aaron got it back. Because of his background he’s always tinkered with vehicles, which explains why he’s always in his shop doing something to one of the Jeeps.
Early adventures: In Aaron’s younger years there was always an occasion for adventure, and it usually involved vehicles. Whether it was hunting, fishing, camping, offroading or just the occasional desert party, he was always around family and friends. His family always spent summers exploring Mammoth Creek in southern Utah where his parents had a cabin.
Recent adventures: Aaron has been busy exploring the local trails in the San Juan Mountains near his new home. Although they had previously visited the area when they still lived in Nevada and knew it was a great place to offroad, getting to explore it now on a regular basis just means more. They’ve learned firsthand the time and effort involved in opening the passes for the season. Along with some family and friends, they recently assisted a local four-wheel drive club in clearing the remaining snowpack so the Poughkeepsie Gulch trail could open.
Most memorable adventure: Aaron’s family has always done an annual four-wheel drive run on Black Friday. Instead of shopping, they spend the day offroading. Every year since his family started the tradition, the run has been on the Nelson Loop in Nevada. This year they’ll have to find a new location to keep the tradition alive.
Upcoming trips: Aaron and his wife are making plans to run the Holy Cross trail before the summer wheeling season slips away.
Dream trip: Going back to Alaska is something Aaron would really like to experience, a little differently this time. Having gone while he was in the Air Force, being able to enjoy this with his wife, making stops along the way and seeing the rugged countryside would be quite the adventure.
Fun fact: During high school, Aaron had as many as four cars - a ‘61 Corvair, a ’76 Cutlass, a ’73 Impala (Lowrider), and an ’82 Suburban. He’s had many more cars since, and always enjoys building and modifying whatever he is driving.
Off-road community involvement: Even though they did assist a local four-wheel drive club in opening one of the trails this summer, Aaron is still getting a feel for the offroad community and clubs in the area. However, he still has the ‘Dirty Adventure Crew’. What started as a group of family and friends/extended family, has grown over the years. They still get together as a private group, but they’ve also gone so far as to formally organize a public group, posting information about meet ups and fun runs in their Facebook group. That group keeps growing and trail runs have included offroaders from Nevada, Utah, Colorado, and even Wisconsin! The Crew has also partnered with At Your Leisure, a television show focused on outdoor adventure and recreation. Aaron has also played the role of trail lead for some major offroad events.
Check out his work here: Check out Aaron’s social media accounts below for more of their adventures!
- Instagram - @dirty.chuckwalla
- YouTube - @DirtyChuckwalla
- Facebook – DirtyAdventureCrew public Community Page
This Customer Spotlight by Tricia Soderstrom.
This series was envisioned and created by Kate Della Pietra in the summer of 2020 when she worked for 67 Designs as a marketing intern.